I was looking up info on dying brown eggs- for Easter-
and I came across this lovely logo...
I love it!
I may not have always eaten organic products, but as a mom I can try my best to give my kids the best food they can get. Ryan has ALWAYS had organic milk, cereal, and eggs, which he eats daily.
But it can be hard when we go to our parents houses' because regular milk and eggs make us feel icky when we have them now and I guess they just don't understand organic foods.
Well my parents do get farm eggs and they tend to buy healthier options but usually not organic (I am working on them).
My in-laws on the other hand are very set in their ways, they tend to not try new things. Michael and I have lectured them a few times and explained how easy it is to change a few main ingredients in your diet to make your lifestyle healthier. I think I will buy Food Inc, for them :)
And slowly but surely we are finding new organic products to add to our diet. It is hard to find good produce that is organic...not every store carries it and the local ones that do are poor quality. Like all the apples are always mushy and dented, as if they have been sitting there for months.
I am just super excited for spring to bring new produce, open farmers markets, and a growing garden (my garden).
When Michael and I first got married, he was not into organic at all and did not care one little bit, like he would get mad that I wanted to get organic things. Now, he is coming home with new organic products he finds and he says NO if I suggest something not organic.
We have really changed our eating habits. We hardly buy boxed/packaged products, like those mashed potatoes in a pouch or rice a roni or cake mixes. I am a stay at home mom, what else do I have to do...I can whip up some homemade mashed potatoes or make a cake from scratch, I usually do have the time.
Okay, all in all I don't care if the product is truly Organic. I care about the quality and what is being added. I like the food I buy to be natural, no additives(msg, high fructose corn syrup, corn by-products), no hormones, few ingredients, free range, and local if possible. And of course we have the bad for you stuff sometimes, it's kind of hard not to!
P.S. Here is the link to Organic Valley products, they are at Fred Meyer. There is a $1.00 off milk coupon and other dairy products :)
http://www.organicvalley.coop/coupons/



No comments:
Post a Comment