Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Go Back to "O"

So...I know a lot of people who have tried going Organic. I for one am a person who incorporates as much Organic food into my families' diet. If I have the choice between organic products or not- i chose organic, even if it's 3.00 more. I applaud anyone who at least buys a few things organic for their family. There is so much to learn about it- and can definitely be confusing.

A Couple things I have learned over the past few months...

-All your fruit and veggies don't have to be bought, 'organic'...look it up, some fruit, like citrus, pineapple, anything with hard outer peels don't really matter if they are organic or not. Their tough and thick outer shells don't usually allow chemicals to seep into them. And local/farm stand fruit may not be labeled 'organic' but it is better for you than mass produced store fruit/veggies.

- If you consistently drink/eat organic milk/meat and then one night you eat mcdonalds...you will not feel good! Our bodies know when food is good for us.

-  Most coffee places have organic milk, so the next time you order a latte- ask for it made with organic milk!

- If you don't know someone personally to get organic products (eggs, beef, pork, chicken, produce) from look in a newspaper, on craigslist, or your local farm store (like on the wall where people can put their own postings)

- Although organic can cost more, believe that it is better for your body-and worth the extra money.

Here is a good article about buying organic...


This is your friendly reminder to not overlook organic products...research what you don't know or what you want to know about it :)

And of course, I am not hard-core organic...I do what I can within my budget.  And I love to learn new things about how to improve your families' health!

No comments: