So, I have donated twice to Craft Hope...its a group that organizes handmade projects for those in need. I love this charity because you can see that what you make is reaching other people. I think it is really great and genuine!
Anyways- I sent the doll I made and didn't think much of it but after seeing these photos http://crafthope.com/?p=255 I nearly started bawling, especially the one of the little girl sleeping with the doll under her arm. It just made me realize- these are real people, with real needs. And it makes my heart hurt to think about all the children who are in need of basic necessities.
They haven't announced their next project yet, but when they do...try out the project or spread the word and make a difference in a child's life!
I love their inspiration quote by Gandhi,
Anyways- I sent the doll I made and didn't think much of it but after seeing these photos http://crafthope.com/?p=255 I nearly started bawling, especially the one of the little girl sleeping with the doll under her arm. It just made me realize- these are real people, with real needs. And it makes my heart hurt to think about all the children who are in need of basic necessities.
They haven't announced their next project yet, but when they do...try out the project or spread the word and make a difference in a child's life!
I love their inspiration quote by Gandhi,
"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."


No comments:
Post a Comment