Thursday, April 9, 2009

EASTER eggs






We Colored Easter Eggs for the Easter Bunny to come and get!
It was fun...we went to Michael's sisters house for dinner and egg coloring!
I forgot how creative you can get with decorating eggs- and Michael is a big time competitor so he made some really neat ones,
like one that looked like a coca cola can, while I made a flower one.
I think it is great to have traditions for each holiday.
If you don't do anything to celebrate all the little holidays then kids won't know/care about them and they will be forgotten.
And I know Easter is not about coloring eggs,
Christmas is not about decorating trees, and
4th of July is not about setting off Fireworks...
but those are the creative, traditional type of activities you can do as a family.
And I also try to add in the actual history of the day and why we really celebrate it.
HAPPY EASTER

No comments: