Saturday, November 22, 2008

Turkey Day CountDown

The Key Lime Pie I made a couple years ago

Okay so 5 days until Thanksgiving- We are going to my parents house for "Dinner" and to Michael's parents house for "Dessert." But most likely we will eat 2 Dinners and 2 Desserts!!! That's what it's all about! :)

Friday- we got groceries
Saturday- Mike works, Lindsey came over to go shopping
Sunday- Church, then the Leahy's are coming for Dinner
Monday- Clean, then Chris & Aliza are coming for Dinner
Tuesday- Mike works, I will organize my recipes, clean
Wednesday- Cook/Prepare the foods I am making
Thursday- Turkey Day!!!
Friday- Mike works, I might go buy some x-mas decor on sale?
Saturday- Civil War Game, Party at my Parents- Go OSU!!!

And this week I have no classes to go to so I get to stay at home and relax. And by classes I mean...Baby Sign/Sing, Pilates, and Church.

So with all that in mind, here is what I will be making for Turkey Day:

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Purple Cabbage Salad(recipe to follow)
Sweet Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole

Purple Cabbage Salad

3 Cups Shredded Purple Cabbage
1 Cup Chopped Pineapple
1 Cup Chopped Apple
1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1/2 Cup Mayo

Combine all ingredients in a bowl- toss and coat evenly with Mayo.
I chop all my ingredients and put them in bowls in the fridge, then I prepare the salad about an hour before we are going to eat it and put it back into the fridge.

FYI- This salad is best when eaten within the first 24 hours of making it. (If you were to make it and wait a couple days, the salad gets a little watery).

No comments: