So every couple of weeks I sit down and make our grocery list. I also make a list to put on the fridge of all the options we have to choose from for lunch or dinner. And it's not like you need 2 ideas for each day of the week, because we all know that some days we have this and that and leftovers or eat out. So I usually think of 6-7 meals and at least 4 lunch ideas.
I found out that when you have a baby- you need to eat quick, high protein meals!
So I am sharing my Lunch ideas.
This week I have food to make:
Chicken Curry Salad (recipe to follow)
Ham and Cheese Sammies
Lean Pockets- Whole Grain Spinach Artichoke
Lean Pockets- Whole Grain Spinach Artichoke
Leftovers from a dinner
Chicken Curry Salad
Chicken Breast- cut into bite size pieces or shredded
Grapes- cut in half
Celery- chopped up
Onion(optional)- chopped up
Walnuts- chopped up
Mayo and/or Sour Cream
Curry Powder
Take first 5 ingredients and mix in a bowl. Then add a spoonful of Mayo and a spoonful of Sour Cream- mix thoroughly. (I use a little bit of both so it's less fatty). Add a couple shakes of Curry powder, salt, and pepper. Taste to re-season or add more Mayo.
If you let this sit in the fridge for a couple hours- it will get more flavorful.
Once Curry Chicken Salad is made, you can scoop some on lettuce, for a salad, or you can put it in a wrap. Yummy!



No comments:
Post a Comment