We are officially planted! It only took me 4 freaking hours to plant, but I did it!! And let me tell you, the next day my whole backside was hurting!!! We started a lot of our plants inside but Michael was afraid some of them wouldn't make it so we bought some actual plants too (and some plants that we didn't start from seed).
All of our plants are Organic, even the ones we started from seed...there will be no genetically modified plants in our garden! :) So we will see how they grow, compared to the past few years where we have used commercialized seeds and plants! My wonderful husband even called around to see what places carried organic veggie starts...we decided on The Portland Nursery...and they had a lot of different varieties and good prices!
All of our plants are Organic, even the ones we started from seed...there will be no genetically modified plants in our garden! :) So we will see how they grow, compared to the past few years where we have used commercialized seeds and plants! My wonderful husband even called around to see what places carried organic veggie starts...we decided on The Portland Nursery...and they had a lot of different varieties and good prices!
Me- all by myself!
Since Jackson wouldn't take a nap that afternoon,
Mike decided to carry him around and at least stay outside with me.
He tried to keep busy! He was worried about all the large dirt clauds,
but I told him that's what you get when you live in the country!!
And Jackson did end up taking a nap- hence his head being covered.
Ryan after his nap---he came right out to help...
I mean step on the onion starts!
I mean step on the onion starts!
This is the same spot my great-grandpa had his garden, followed by my grandma, and then my parents. And now us! I just hope we don't have any critters coming up from the ponds to snack on our veggies, like deer or bunnies (which I just saw one like 3 weeks ago).
And Mr. Smiley- he would have rather been inside!


No comments:
Post a Comment