Monday, January 31, 2011

"So...How is it having two?"

I wasn't aware how often I would get this question...
but I get it A LOT!! 

So....here's my answer:

It's Good!  We are back in work mode, meaning some days are tiring, emotional, stressful, exhausting, and even dazed!  But I think once you get past the 2 month mark, you begin to see the light- of having a schedule and getting more sleep!  Jackson started sleeping 7 hours a night about a week ago.  I am loving his new sleep schedule, I can function during the day (without a nap) and I seem to be more patient with Ryan, as well as finding time to really sit back and enjoy my boys.  Jackson has had some smiley faces...Ryan enjoys talking baby-talk to Jackson to try and get him to smile! :)

Ryan started sleeping 12hrs a night at 3months, so I am hoping we are on the path to getting Jackson a 12hr stretch---I think I would feel like I won the lottery if that happened!!!

I am hopeful that our 'grumpy' days are over!  Now, we are starting to function as a family of 4 and taking it day by day and making sure not to schedule too much or over-do ourselves, which is smart! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Better late than never...some baby items I made before Jackson was born...

receiving blankets

owl canvas picture

valances

more canvas pics 

message board

For the canvas pics, I used sticky wall decals, which I found at Target.  I painted the stretched canvas a light beige color and then just placed the stickers on the canvas to make little pics.  I found this idea online and really liked it because you can move the pics around! :)

No comments: